What authors can learn from car salesmen


  1. "This car could really use a new owner."
  2. "I am in desperate need of a buyer for this car."
  3. "I know that you drive a Honda, so I thought you might like to buy my Honda."


Can you imagine a car sales man saying any of these things? 

Probably not.

Therefore, avoid phrases like
  1. "My book could really use a more reviews."
  2. "I am in desperate need of reviews for my book."
  3. "I know that you read ...xyz... (book title), so I thought you might like to read my book which is similar. 


 Car salesmen say things like,
  1.  "... 6-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Jacky Ickx described the Audi R8 as "the best handling road car today"
  2.  "... This Ford Mustang's design characteristics include a fastback profile and a lower-set grille..." 
  3.  "... This 1967 Thunderbird Apollo's features include writing tables (for rear seats) and rear seat reading lamps..."

Be as specific as car salesmen are.  

What are your book's best "features?"

Please comment in the comment section. 

Think like a car salesman before you post!

Feel free to mention your book title. 
Please do not post a link because if blog readers do that I have to delete the blog.- I write #NakedBooks; hence you can believe that I do what I say. 

~*~



Gisela Hausmann dares to write what others' won't say or don't know. Her work has been featured in regional, national, and international publications including Success magazine and Entrepreneur, and on Bloomberg's podcast "Decrypted."

Please subscribe to the RSS feed at the top of this page.
To receive summaries please sign up at http://www.giselahausmann.com/

Gisela tweets @Naked_Determina,
Her books are available at Amazon and other ebook retailers.

RYX6ZF8QT9YW

© 2016 by Gisela Hausmann
© Picture credit: Pexels.com

Comments

  1. Haywire hormones may knock menopausal Sammy-Jo out of top gear but she ends up cruising in the fast lane in Belinda Bennett's Midlife Crisis. Described as 'brilliant, exceptional and original', this thriller with a humorous twist knocks a horrible husband into touch - even though it's all one big misunderstanding. A fast-paced, thrilling read - for just 99c or free with KU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome... I love the phrase "Described as 'brilliant, exceptional and original" topped with more suspense when you say "... though it's all one big misunderstanding." - Very cool

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was logging with the wrong account. Let’s try this again.
    Eternal Curse: Giovanni's Angel has been described as Beauty and the Beast meets Jekyll and Hyde with a biblical twist. A surprisingly fresh take on paranormal romance that'll keep you wondering where the hero will end up. Dark in places, but overall inspirational

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Equally awesome "... Beauty and the Beast meets Jekyll and Hyde with a biblical twist. .." - That's what we need. People ask me all the time, "Do you want to read MY book?" - That doesn't say anything.
      Beauty and the Beast meets Jekyll and Hyde with a biblical twist. .." does.

      Delete
  4. "A Journey to Balance - Making Sense Of It All" is a true story about taking a trip into the soul. Have you ever being unable to move at night or had a flying or falling dream? Perhaps a deja vu experience when the telephone rang and you were just thinking about her. The story began when I would wake up at night paralyzed with a strange humming sound radiating in my ears. In my quest to find the answers opened up a totally different path toward and awareness I never knew existed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to describe my epic fantasy series with these words "George R.R. Martin may kill his characters but I do it better..." because I've done some rather ingenious "character killing" in my series The Wolf Riders of Keldarra. Especially at the start of Book 3 of the series. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A family saga, "Things Unsaid" is a tale of survival, resilience, and recovery. Family ties are stressed to the breaking point. Inspired by a true story - Jules, a child psychologist, upon hearing news of her estranged, narcissistic mother’s terminal diagnosis, chooses to care for her mother over her own daughter, only to find out she has been betrayed all along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Geyser Girl of Yellowstone Park
    Myrtle Brooks

    The Spirit of Yellowstone … In A Little Child …


    We are born into life.
    Surrounded with a vast wealth of animals, plants and minerals, witnesses to the eternal movements of wind and water, and to earth herself in continuous cycle.
    What examples do these lend us?
    And how can we give back?
    An infant of unknown origins is discovered alone upon a snowy night in Yellowstone Park.
    Adopted by Old Faithful geyser and by a mother buffalo, she gains spiritual ascent through the stories and teachings of her elders.
    When her sacred vow to protect Yellowstone’s heritage in return brings peril in its wake, the choice made between her safety and her sworn duties is precipitous from its beginning to its fiery outcome.

    This is her story, as seen through the eyes of Yellowstone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guests from outside of Costa Rica are frequently astounded by the expense of vehicle rental. car dealerships near me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... car hire crete

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. Your content gives readers things to think about in an interesting way. Thank you for your clear information. Wedding Toronto Limousine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! more information

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... best used cars

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment